Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wallpaper - Power Lines



I am often captivated by power lines in our skyline. Some may view them as urban blight or as ugly man made obstruction of our skyline. Sometimes when I look up I am inspired. Our photo archives are full of shots from our travels of power lines. I like how they can frame a scene, buildings, trees or sky.

Of course I am attracted to Piet Modrian's paintings and I probably transfer a bit of his work in mind mind when I view the sky grids. I am also inspired by LA artist, Ed Ruscha. I love his concept of word play and image.

This photo mash up comes from power lines we pass every time we drive the I-5 from the Bay Area to LA or vice versa. Our life has been suspended in this transition many times whether we were living in the greater LA area or Bay Area. Now there is a comfort almost in the scenery like it or not as I have been driving this route since entering college 13 years ago.

This week's wallpaper is an homage to Modrian and Ruscha.

Click for the full size image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a terrific picture. Really great. Either setting this or the New Amsterdam pic as my new wallpaper